Senior Systems Engineer - McKinsey Solutions
You’ll join our office in San Jose, Costa Rica as part of McKinsey Solutions and New Ventures.
New Ventures is a recently formed part of McKinsey focused on fostering innovations driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile, social and other technologies and integrating them into our client work. It is a foundation for—and expands our investment in—our entrepreneurial culture.
McKinsey Solutions is a core part of New Ventures and offers practical tools that help people at all levels of an organization generate insights they need to address both strategic and day-to-day decisions. These solutions complement McKinsey's traditional client service and are delivered in many ways, including subscriptions, workshops, training programs and project-based engagements. We work closely with clients to embed our tools, analytics and expertise, and provide on-going support to help them build the capabilities they need to revolutionize how decisions are made.
Tasks & Responsibilities
We combine Agile approaches with expertise in mobile, cloud, and big data to create custom technology solutions that help clients increase productivity and make timely decisions. You’ll work within McKinsey Solutions’ engineering team to provision, optimize, and maintain its SaaS offering.
In this context, you’ll be responsible for the development and implementation of IT systems and processes supporting SAAS applications, the advanced automation of provisioning, queality control, security audits and maintenance and general system admininstration and support. You’ll also work on the development and implementation of administration and reporting tools.
Requirements & Desired Skills
- 5+ years of experience in IT, including 2 years of experience with AWS and/or Azure cloud offering
- Expert level hands-on experience with SAAS architectures comprising OSes, database and distributed computation platforms
- Strong automation skills (PowerShell, batching) and security expertise
- Good command of Internet technologies (HTTP, SSL, load balancing, WAFs, SMTP)
- Additional expert knowledge in one of the following technologies is a definite plus: F5 BigIP Linux systems, development (C# and .NET applications) or data products like MsSQL, SSIS, Vertica, Hadoop, etc.
- Outstanding communication skills in English
- Passionate about technology and helping your clients
- Excellent problem-solving; able to process complex information and present it clearly and simply
- Autonomous, well organized, structured
- Ability to work well under pressure and demonstrate a reasonable level of flexibility/adaptability
- Consistently deliver exceptional results and great ideas
- Creative, curious, willing to push themselves and learn