Organizational Solutions Coach - Analytical Business Advisor
You'll work in San Jose, Costa Rica with our OrgSolutions team, part of McKinsey Solutions and McKinsey's New Ventures.
McKinsey OrgSolutions is looking for entrepreneurial change agents (coaches) to make sustainable and major organizational change at our clients. These coaches will lead deployment of the Organization Solutions (OS) cutting-edge products across our clients working through major organizational restructuring, change management, or health issues, and will develop into a go-to organizational expert within McKinsey. Coaches will not only deliver impact at our clients, but feed improvement ideas to our Research, Product Development, and Services teams to position McKinsey as a thought leader in the Organizational space.
OrgSolutions brings together the best in cutting edge org analytics for the purpose of helping clients make better leadership decisions and take actions to get results. Comprised of multiple solutions and tools, OrgSolutions’ portfolio includes the Organizational Health Index (OHI), OrgLab Diagnostics and Design, Top Team Effectiveness diagnostic, and the Snowball tool to identify key influencers in an organization.
New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,000 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we’re hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
Tasks & Responsibilities
You will manage the data collection, administration, analysis, and synthesis of data from proprietary McKinsey diagnostic tools and techniques and production of client ready feedback reports. You'll be responsible for the beginning to end management of services related to the use of OS products (including OrgLab and OHI, amongst others).
You'll also gain problem solving skills within client engagement teams and clients to help develop change management programs and you will be coaching consultants on proprietary tools and techniques. You will be investing in building the Solution through strategic initiatives (e.g., building and improving our processes, software, client materials, etc.). Additionally, you will be building, codifying and disseminating knowledge related to OS tools.
Requirements & Desired Skills
- Up to 3 years relevant experience
- University degree, ideally in organizational/industrial psychology, business, engineering, operations, economics or other related analytical discipline
- Strong academic record
- Interest in organizational behavior or design, general business concepts
- Passion for coaching and mentoring clients
- Excitement for entrepreneurial, fast paced culture
- Solid problem-solving, analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to use statistics to solve problems
- Effective multitasking ability
- Excellent PowerPoint, Word, and Excel analytical skills (including use of complex formulas)
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Good team player
- Previous experience in developing and analyzing surveys and/or developing insights from software helpful
- Fluency in English is required for all candidates