Database Management Technical Specialist
Tasks & Responsibilities
You will monitor the firm's global infrastructure environment and perform troubleshooting tasks such as server restarts and monitoring of the infrastructure.
In this role you will handle administrative requests such as account creation and modifications to our Lotus Notes/Domino address book. You will support internal customers, the majority of which are members of the IT support entities and on occasion, deliver support directly to McKinsey end-users.
As a Service Desk Technical Specialist you will encounter a variety of support requests in a fast-paced environment and will deal with a wide variety of support queries and issues. This will require you to be highly adaptable and open to work on new tasks. You will need to keep up with a rapidly changing environment through a strong willingness and ability to learn.
You will deliver high-quality IT support by implementing the best possible solution for the customer. Often you will work against tight deadlines and will need to prioritize and escalate problems when required. You will demonstrate a high level of commitment and ownership in your work and in team collaboration.
Requirements & Desired Skills
- Bachelor degree in Computer science or equivalent
- At least 4 years Database Administration experience in Oracle 11G Database with Real Application Clusters(RAC)
- At least 2 years Database Administration experience in either MSSQL 2008/2012 or MySQL 5.xExperience in working on Unix (AIX, Linux) and Microsoft Windows platform
- Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) and Recovery Manager (RMAN), to monitor Oracle/MSSQL infrastructure as well to backup/restore databases
- Knowledge of Unix shell scripting for performing day-to-day business operations
- Exposure to DB2 database administration would be preferred